Monday, August 2, 2010

Grilled Salad

I'm a gal who LOVES grilling! And I love grilled salads. Sometimes when preheating the grill, I'll often look in my fridge's veggie drawers to see what I might grill. And then too, with summer's produce, there's great fresh grilling items.

I was going to grill some ground turkey patties. I mixed in some olive oil and seasoning and shaped them into patties. What did I find to grill with them? Two portobello mushrooms, and eggplant, pepper, and onion. Sometimes I'll cut these up, using baby bella mushrooms instead of the large (the large are like "meat" and so good, like a burger themselves!). I'll marinate the cut up veggies in an italian salad dressing mixture. These are better cooked in a grill basket, and I like these served over rice.

Most times when grilling the sliced veggies, rather than messing with oil flare-ups, I grill them as is. Then put on a plate, and then drizzle them with good tasting olive oil and lemon juice and season. These, even left over, are great in sandwiches.

I put fresh picked salad greens, chives, basil, sliced tomato and avacado on my plate. I ended up cutting it all up, greens and grilled stuff, added some Newman's Italian salad dressing and feta cheese. Mmmmmm.....

And then there's my current grilling atmosphere: blooming Jackmani deep purple clematis, Salvia's May Night, baby's breath, Russian Sage, Roses, Negro hollyhocks, nasturtiums, daylilies, regular lilies, delphiniums, kiwi and grape vines. There's my bird feeders, birdbath, and if you look close on the left center, I captured a hummingbird.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...